EDG COFFEE EMPLOYEE
FARMERS MARKET BARISTA ONLINE FULFILLMENT
Our Team Members Describe Themselves as:
- Optimistic: We believe that small, caring actions can have a big, positive impact.
- Dedicated: We are dedicated to success in our work because we know that it is part of a greater mission to improve our world.
- Innovative: We believe that ideas and applications can always improve, and we continually seek out creative ideas in production and business practices
What makes working at EDG Coffee so special?
Many of us have purchased coffee without knowing that the farmers who cultivated the crop were mistreated and underpaid. The majority of coffee farmers around the world come from underdeveloped countries, and coffee is a top industry using child labor for production.
To combat this, EDG Coffee is always:
- Ethically Sourced
- Specialty Grade
- Sustainably Grown
When you sell specialty grade coffee from farms where workers are paid generously and treated fairly, you improve the lives of impoverished people in developing countries.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Engaging with customers and sharing EDG Coffee’s story
- Serving quality coffee
- Restocking merchandise
- Cleaning and organizing
- Early morning commitments
- Lifting and loading merchandise and supplies
- Reliable transportation to work.
- Ability to be pleasant early in the morning and under stress.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. (Tent setup, boxes of coffee bags, 30 lb sand bags, etc.)
- Able to engage with customers - share EDG Coffee’s story, sell coffee, answer questions, and smile!
- Pass a Background check. (Link to form here.)
- Pass the Food Handler’s Certification.
- Able to handle money, make change, and use an app for registering sales.
- Some common knowledge about coffee or a desire to learn.
This role is for you if:
- You are optimistic, dedicated, and innovative.
- You are friendly and love interacting with strangers.
- You care about the work that you do and strive for excellence.
- You are a self-starter who does not require micromanagement.
- You are able to stay motivated working alone.
- You are detail oriented.
- You would like to advance within EDG Coffee or in the coffee industry.
Please don’t apply if:
- You don't want a consistent stream of work each week.
- You cannot work on the weekends.
- You cannot work early in the morning.
- You are shy or dislike engaging with strangers.
- You have limited availability.
- You can’t put your phone away to prioritize serving customers and completing tasks.
- You can’t receive regular and detailed feedback.
- You have a tendency to procrastinate.
- You are not passionate about using coffee to create sustainable business practices for impoverished communities.