CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
FARMER'S MARKET + EVENT EMPLOYEE
Our Team Members Describe Themselves as:
- Optimistic: We believe that small, caring actions can have a big, positive impact.
- Dedicated: We are dedicated to success in our work because we know that it is part of a greater mission to improve our world.
- Innovative: We believe that ideas and applications can always improve, and we continually seek out creative ideas in production and business practices
What makes working at EDG Coffee so special?
Many of us have purchased coffee without knowing that the farmers who cultivated the crop were mistreated and underpaid. The majority of coffee farmers around the world come from underdeveloped countries, and coffee is a top industry using child labor for production.
Our coffee is not only ethically sourced from our own farm in Nicaragua, where harvesters are paid 48% above the national minimum wage, but it also meets specialty grade industry standards, so you can drink coffee worth waking up for.
When you buy specialty grade coffee from farms where workers are paid generously and treated fairly, you improve the lives of impoverished people in developing countries.
What will my daily experience working for EDG look like?
As a Farmer’s Market and Event Employee, you would have a hands-on opportunity to make a difference for farmers in Nicaragua while serving and selling world-class coffee that customers can drink with pride.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Pack your vehicle with booth equipment, coffee, and merchandise (may include tent, tent weights, coffee bags, display signs, brewer canisters, a cooler, etc) to farmers market/event locations.
- Setup and teardown booth equipment and merchandise at farmers markets/events.
- Sell EDG Coffee merchandise and serve coffee to customers using a phone e-commerce app for registering sales/clock in and out.
- Engage with customers and share EDG Coffee’s story.
- Restock merchandise on table.
- After farmers market, return equipment and merchandise to EDG coffee preparation location and clean/sanitize coffee canisters.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. (Tent setup, boxes of coffee bags, 30 lb sand bags, etc.)
- Able to engage with customers - share EDG Coffee’s story, sell coffee, answer questions, and smile!
- Own a smartphone.
- Pass a Background check. (Link to form here.)
- Able to handle money, make change, and use a phone app for registering sales.
- Some common knowledge about coffee or a desire to learn.
This role is for you if:
- You are optimistic, dedicated, and innovative.
- You are friendly and love interacting with strangers.
- You care about the work that you do and strive for excellence.
- You are a self-starter who does not require micromanagement.
- You are willing to work 1-3 markets/events, around 6-18 hours per week.
- You would like to advance within EDG Coffee or in the coffee industry.
Please don’t apply if:
- You don't want a consistent stream of work each week.
- You cannot work on the weekends.
- You are shy or dislike engaging with strangers.
- You have limited availability (we’re looking for someone who can eventually grow into 30hrs+ per week).
- You can’t put your phone away during a farmer’s market or event.
- You can’t receive regular and detailed feedback.
- You have a tendency to procrastinate.
- You are not passionate about using coffee to create sustainable business practices for impoverished communities.